Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Migraine AGAIN

The bad day was a migraine AGAIN...whew!!!  She seems to be in much better spirits!  The only problem I had today when I went to see her is that the staff had her dressed in her roommate's clothes AGAIN!  UGH  Now, I know Mom's lost a lot of weight recently but the woman in the other bed is still two sizes smaller than Mom.  I can't figure out HOW on earth the nursing attendants can possibly pull up the pants without hurting Mom.  After all, they've likely got to struggle immensely to get the damn things on!  What the heck!  Needless to say, tonight I think I finally hit my breaking point!  I actually walked down the hall and found the first person in a hospital uniform and "ordered" them to find me someone to help me change mom out of Agnes's clothes and into something that wasn't cutting off the circulation to the poor woman's legs!  They were so tight around her hips and knees it's surprising Mom's feet weren't asleep!  Jumpin' Jimminy!!!  Oh, I was angry!  I went back to Mom's room, wrapped my arms around her and started to cry.  I tend to weep uncontrollably when I'm that angry.  The LPN came into the room to give me and hand and she tried to calm me.  We helped Mom change and she must have felt 10 X better.  Poor, dear little soul!

Aside from wearing the wrong sized clothes, Mom seemed to be in a fairly good mood.  One of her dining table mates passed away this morning.  I helped feed Muriel the other day.  What a sweet lady.  She'll be sadly missed.

The other day, one of Mom's friends was in pain...I believe she has Parkinson's...and between Mom, me and another lady, we were able to help Anita settle a wee bit.  Anita wept from the pain and she reached for me for a hug, Mom spoke to her to comfort her and the other lady held her hand.  Poor dear.

Well, that's about it for now.  Thanks for stopping by...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment