Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Post Script for Today :oD

Today was a pretty good day for Mom.  She was awake, alert and very talkative today.  She certainly enjoyed her Cheezies and apple juice.  In fact, I think if I'd taken her up three bags of Cheezies, she'd have eaten them all in one sitting!  LOL  I think she missed her Cheezies!

I asked her if she'd like to start watching some TV and she replied, "That would be nice."  So I asked her what kind of TV she'd like to watch...Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Criminal Minds, CSI?  She said, "Yup, all of them!!!"  LOL  So, she's got TV for a week...we'll see how that goes.  At least she's got something to do other than sit in her Geri-chair and do nothing.  That's got to be pretty boring.

Anyway, we visited for quite a while but then she got tired and wanted to have a snooze before her supper came, so I bid her goodnight and came home.  I'll see her again tomorrow.  As much as I would like to "have a life," my life is being Mom's care-partner (that's the new word the Alzheimer's Society has given to those who share the disease and care giving responsibilities...it gives more dignity and respect to those with the disease...and I like it).

On a footnote...I received a newsletter from the Alzheimer's Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories today.  In it was a pamphlet for the Investors Group Memory Walk.  I'm thinking of doing it.  If I do, I'm hoping you'll all be kind enough to support me in my effort by sponsoring me...I would be so very grateful.  This is the most important cause to me right now.  I support both the Canadian Cancer Society and the Alzheimer's Society.  Anyway, I'll let you know... :)

Thanks for stopping by...

Love,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment