Wow, what a difference a couple of days makes. I wasn't able to get up to see mom last night, so as I mentioned earlier, Jason was up to see her. When I went up tonight she was up and standing outside her room door. When her security staff saw me, they pointed me out to her, she turned around and saw me and started to cry, saying, "I missed you, I missed you!!!"
We had a wonderful visit tonight. She was chatty, smiling, laughing, making more sense than she has in a long time. It was good to see. I guess that's two days in a row, now. Jason said she was pretty much the same way last night. I guess she ate all of her supper tonight, she and I had a tea together, I convinced her she's far more attractive with her teeth in her mouth (although I'm thinking they're a mite uncomfortable because she's lost quite a bit of weight - yes, even in her mouth), and she was more alert tonight than I've seen her in a while.
Hmmm, I'm wondering if it's a small improvement...perhaps she's finally responding to the thyroid treatment. The one thing I won't do is get my hopes up too much, yet. She's still got quite a long road ahead of her, considering her INR was 10 when she was admitted; her thyroid level was over 25 (the normal person's is .5 to 0.5) and she was pretty messed up. Her INR is normal and stable now (and should remain somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 - yours and mine is, on average 1)...thankfully, her fluid retention appears to be under control...finally; and perhaps this is the VERY tiny victory I'll take for today!
Anyway, I will bid you adieu for today and will fill you in when I see Mom again tomorrow...thanks again for stopping by...
Love,
Me
This was a daily blog about the trials & tribulations my precious Mom dealt with as she fought to recover from a significant medical event.
Welcome to my Blog :)
Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment