Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Sly One Tonight ;o)

Tonight's visit with Mom was fun!  She WAS napping when I first arrived - and she'd just fallen asleep!  I wasn't about to have her sleep thru my whole visit again so I started bugging her until she told me I was driving her crazy!!!  LOL  She finally opened one eye and watched me with a Cheshire Cat grin...and of course, she was giggling.  Needless to say, that just made me want to bug her even more.

Eventually, I guess I drove her crazy enough that she decided to sit up and visit with me.  So, for an hour and a bit, she and I chatted...well, I did most of the chatting and she did most of the listening and/or answering.  For some reason, tonight her words were a bit jumbled...bugger!!!  Oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. 

She's looking better, feeling better - except for being tired so often - and she's now wanting to get up more on her own and walk around by herself.  They're still not wanting her to do that, though, as she's not too steady on her feet after sitting for so long.  Perhaps with a couple more weeks of thyroid treatment under her belt, she just may be able to.  Who knows for sure.  The one thing I do know is that she IS getting better, slowly but surely.  There's just such a long road ahead of her still...and when I ask her how she's feeling, she says good but tired.  When I ask her if she's happy, she says yes.  If I ask her if she wants to keep fighting, she says yes, I'm not ready to go yet.  When we talk about what happened to her, I ask her if she understands and she says yes.  We discuss it in detail and I tell her how sick she was and how she still has a long road of treatment and "fighting" ahead of her and she says she's okay with that.  I do ask her often because I need to know if this is what she wants.  As long as she continues to be positive about her future, I'm going to continue to be positive about her future.  As long as she wants to fight to be healthy physically and mentally, I will help her fight.

In the meantime, I'll laugh with her, make her giggle, keep driving her crazy while she's trying to nap and be the face she sees every day.  We'll go for more walks as she continues to get stronger; and together we'll dance again and we'll sing again.  It's what she loves to do and I'll be there with her as she fights to regain those small abilities.

Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment