Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Not Much to Tell :o\

Today was a pretty uneventful day...Mom slept thru my visit, so I have nothing really to report.  Although, the caregiver for the lady in the bed next to Mom said she was alert, laughing, chatting up a storm and walking around this morning.  Boy, did I miss all the adventure :(  Oh well, there's always tomorrow!!!

By the time I got there today, she'd finished her lunch - well, what she was going to eat, anyway!  They brought her up macaroni and cheese...and we're not talkin' the real deal here...you know, good ol' Kraft Dinner!  It was soggy macaroni topped with melted cheddar cheese - YUCK!  And peas as a side dish.  What a lousy combo!  No wonder people lose weight in the hospital.  I wouldn't eat that crap either!  LOL

To those of you who pray for her, thank you.  Your love and prayers mean the world to us.  We can only hope that with each passing day, her mental health returns to where the doctor hopes it will.  While I'm guardedly optimistic, I can't help but give up hope some days.  I draw my strength from all of you but there are times where all I want to do is give up.

Anyway, without boring you any more, I'll take my leave of you until tomorrow. 

I love you all...
Me

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog. Great idea. try to be patient as she works her way back to Darlene. Take care.

    ReplyDelete