Well, Mom had a good day yesterday. When I got there, she was visiting with a "friend" who was sitting beside her. It was nice to see she'd made a friend...someone to talk to.
I visited another residence yesterday afternoon that will be moving into Eaux Claires in November. While the residence isn't what I'd call luxurious (it's actually a bit cramped), it's clean, well cared for, and bright. The residents are happy and appear to be well cared for as well. I stopped to chat with a fellow and asked him if he was happy there...he emphatically said, "YES!!!" Then I asked him whether he liked the nurses and whether he was well cared for and again, "YES!!!" The last thing I asked him was weather he liked the food...he told me he'd gained weight since he got there, so yes, he thought the food was great...LOL
I've asked that Mom transfer there so she can become familiar and perhaps bond with the staff there, so when they move, it's not too difficult for her...which I don't think it will be. She's adjusted well to a few moves so far.
When I told her about this last night, she seemed to be happy about it. I told her what was going on and low and behold, a few minutes later, she mentioned Eaux Claires!!! It blew my mind! We talked more about Eaux Claires and I reminded her that she'd have to be patient and wait until they moved. She said she was okay with that. WOW, another small step in the right direction. For all those times I started to weep because I second-guessed myself, there was that little bit of progress I was looking for. Short-term memory is a great thing in heading in the right direction. Perhaps she's on the mend. The doctor DID say it would take 3-4 months and we're just now at two and a half months...hmmm
Anyway...thanks so much for stopping by...I'll try and post again later...I couldn't post last night as Blogspot was down for whatever reason and I couldn't get on.
Have a wonderful evening... xo
This was a daily blog about the trials & tribulations my precious Mom dealt with as she fought to recover from a significant medical event.
Welcome to my Blog :)
Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment