Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Monday, May 23, 2011

I THINK I May Have Figured It Out

Hey Everyone...

I think I may have figured out why Mom's not feeling well...it's raining here.  The temps went from 24 yesterday to 6-8 degrees here today.  A barometric pressure change of that significant a change gives her a migraine EVERY time.  Had Dave not had a headache this morning, I may have never thought of it.  There's so much going on in my mind, I didn't even think of it!  Needless to say, when I saw Mom today, she was sleeping again, in her bed this time.  When I got there, she woke up...I immediately asked her if she was in pain, she said she was...I asked her if she had a migraine and she said she did.  What a stupid woman I am!!!  How could I not think of it!!!

Anyway, we've got it figured out now.  If only I can continue to remember, we just might have it sorted out!!!  Now, IF I've got it figured out, with any luck when she's feeling better, everything will be okay - or I hope so anyway.

During my visit today, Mom did have a yogurt and drink of cranberry juice...so I suppose that even though she had a migraine, she was still hungry.  Other than that, there's really not much to tell you.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day and she'll be feeling better.

Thanks for stopping by...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment