Hi!!!
Well, I got some very good news today. Mom's thyroid numbers have come down to 6!!! That's outstanding. They did the test on 5 May and that was the result. I'm very pleased to know that. They're going to test her again at the end of May to see if there's any change. Her INR is good; everything is getting back to normal.
Now we wait. Again, the doctor said we would have to wait a good 3-4 months before we'd see any definitive changes. Right now, we're seeing some small improvements but nothing of any substance. However, it's only been two months. There's still two months to go. I can say that really all we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
We read another chapter in our book last night and when I was almost done, she said, "That's enough." Okay!!! LOL Then we went to the auditorium for Pet Therapy...they had some wonderful dogs there...They brought smiles to the faces of every person in the room...Mom smiled over and over again...it was wonderful. I even heard her laugh a couple of times.
Today, I returned to help Mom shower. She can't have a "sponge bath" with their bathing products or dry shampoo because it affects her skin terribly and she breaks out in rashes. So, I volunteered to go in half way between her regularly scheduled bath time to help her shower. By the time we were finished, I don't know which one of us was more soaked, me or mom!!!
Anyway, when we were done showering, I was taking her back to her room for a drink and snack and she wanted to walk back to her room. Nice! Nurses and aides were watching and were quite impressed that mom was up and walking. I kept telling them she was able to walk but for some reason they just didn't believe me. I'm glad she's up and moving, too...her legs and ankles are a bit more swollen from fluid retention than they were when she arrived there...so she's not moving around as much as she should, nor are they keeping her feet elevated enough. She was also extremely tired today, so she was "hanging" her head quite a bit. I'm sure hoping tomorrow will be a better day for her. Again, we all have bad days and good days...today just wasn't such a good day for her. Here's to hoping tomorrow will be better.
I guess that's about all the news I have for now. I won't be up to see her tomorrow or Thursday, but I'll try and get information so I'm able to post how she's doing.
Thanks for stopping by...xo
This was a daily blog about the trials & tribulations my precious Mom dealt with as she fought to recover from a significant medical event.
Welcome to my Blog :)
Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment