Holy Freeholy!!! This has got to have been the longest day! I think Mom did okay but the two of us were pretty exhausted by 1800 hrs. She was going to go to the Auditorium to watch a program on bugs or something just to kill some time this evening but I had to come home. I'd been at the new residence since 1200 hrs. I met her there and had meetings with the Social Worker, nurses, health care aids, all kinds of staff. And we're not done, yet! UGH... I have a feeling I'll be getting phone calls over the next few days. There were several delays between meetings.
I was with Mom over lunch and supper and she did eat well. Thankfully! Funny thing was, she insisted on sitting on the visitors' chair while I was there, so I sat on the foot of her bed...then I got tired of no back support, so I grabbed one of her pillows, propped it against the foot-rail/wall and promptly the two of us fell asleep in our respective positions! This was between visits as well...lol I think we were both so very tired. I just hope she enjoyed the program she watched this evening.
I really hope she sleeps well tonight. I guess I'll know more tomorrow. Oh yeah, turns out one of her nurses is a nurse who used to work at the Rutherford!!! So we have a familiar face who knows Mom AND Dad!!! What a pleasant surprise!!! She absolutely adored Dad and still adores Mom...so this is a bit of a relief! It's so nice to have someone there who already knows Mom.
I think it will take a few days for her to entirely adjust to her new residence...as well, it will take me a few days to adjust. I'm also now doing her laundry until I find out the residence's routine. I have no idea if they do it or not. If they do, I suspect they'll need her clothing labeled...yeah, like I have a clothing labeller just hanging around here...hahahaha
Anyway, I'm so very ready for bed...Thanks for stopping by...
xo
This was a daily blog about the trials & tribulations my precious Mom dealt with as she fought to recover from a significant medical event.
Welcome to my Blog :)
Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment