Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Sleepy Day

Well, definitely not much to tell you about yesterday...All Mom did was sleep throughout my entire visit.  She'd peek thru her closed eye while I fed her.  She was in the dining room when I arrived and hadn't eaten a thing!  So, I sat down beside her and convinced her it would be a good idea to eat.  So, thru sleepy bites, she ate her supper.  I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I don't really like it.  The staff was telling me she was like that all day. 

The day-time RN and I spoke about a week ago and she was telling me that they were giving her (and likely still are) a medication to lower her blood pressure...which is already quite low.  Go figure.  That might be why she's so sleepy.  Hmmm...

Anyway, that's about all I have to tell you...pretty boring, huh?  Thanks for stopping by...xo

2 comments:

  1. So glad to here Darlene is improving. Say Hi for me sometime please. She's very lucky to have you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo xoxo
    We're working thru this thyroid thing one day at a time...with any luck this will be the answer.

    ReplyDelete