Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Her Butt

Hey Everyone,

Well, it appears that dear, sweet, Mama is still trying desperately to get up and walk around...however, when she tries to sit again, she walks to her wheelchair and regrettably, plops on her bum!!!  The stupid wheelchair doesn't have brakes on, so when she attempts to sit, it moves!  UGH  Poor, little girl.  So far, knock on wood, she hasn't injured anything more than her pride.  I sincerely hope that continues.  The last thing we need is another incident that puts her in the hospital with more internal bleeding.  That would effectively be the end of her...as I'm certain she couldn't bounce back from another bout.  She's fallen on her butt a few times with no lasting effects.  The thing I question the most is if her wheelchair is 'alarmed' why is it that nobody is watching her...the alarm definitely gets their attention!  Go figure!!!

In any case, while I was with her last night, she was rather agitated and wanted nothing more to go home.  I'm still trying to figure out what home is.  Is it the Rutherford?  Is it Wetaskiwin?  She's even mentioned Calgary!  Hmmm, there are far too many homes for her and I guess it just depends on where her memory is on that particular day.  Heck, home for her could be with Nana & Grandpa...I guess I may never know for sure!  Either way, while she's healing mentally, I do what I can to understand what she wants.  When she's effective at articulating what she's after, it's easy...when everything is a word salad...it's not so easy...lol  But again, one day at a time...

Anyway, that's about all I have to report.  I'll be back there to see her again tonight and should have more to let you know.  For now, thanks for stopping by :)  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment