Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

WOW

Mom took a big step today...she did something by herself she hasn't done in a couple of months!  I won't divulge the details...just suffice it to say it was fabulous!  I'm just so pleased she's finally asserting her independence again.  It's just one more step to "healing."  I guess there's something to be said for patience...but you know me, Miss Impatience!!!

Our visit yesterday was so nice.  We went for a walk and the only support Mom needed was to hold my hand.  That in itself speaks volumes!  We didn't get too far but we did go for a walk almost unsupported!  She's definitely making small strides to her independence...

Otherwise, our visit was filled with chatting and holding hands and just being close.  Not much else happened...but it was a good visit.

To all you moms out there...Happy Mother's Day!  I wish you love, peace, and happiness always.

Thanks for stopping by...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment