Wow, today was a pretty good day for Mom. She was up doing physio after breakfast! I guess they figured she'd like to get moving. The only thing is, once they got her moving, they couldn't stop her! She kept wanting to get up all the time. They ultimately had to have her busy in the physio room and in the Occupational Therapist's room...lol Eventually, they asked her to sit for a while in the Geri-chair. By the time I got there she was sitting quietly awaiting supper.
I left her suitcases in her room for a while and went to visit with her in the dining room. While we waited for supper to be served, we went to her table and got her set up. At the hospital, they generally fed her because they wanted her to finish her meals quickly. As such, the "orders" that came from the hospital were that she needed to be fed. Consequently, they asked me to feed her. I thought it a bit ridiculous but said I would. She and I joked about her needing to be fed because she's just the Queen Mother...she laughed and in a British accent said, "Well, of course I am!" I gave her a few bites, which she enjoyed immensely, and while I was chatting with an LPN, Mom grabbed the utensil out of my hand and promptly began feeding herself because I wasn't feeding her Majesty fast enough!!! LMAO She doesn't need any help feeding herself, she does just fine.
The other thing I was astounded with, was that at the hospital they were giving her a sleeping pill at 5pm. NO WONDER she was sleeping by the time I got there so often!!! What a ridiculous time to give anyone a sleeping pill. And no frickin' wonder she was so tired and napping during the day. She wasn't sleeping through the night, so she was tired during the day. What a mess!!!
Anyway, her colour was good today, her disposition was good today and she had been up walking. I sure hope she continues to improve like she has the past few days. She's finally been given the chance to bloom again. She's moving from the Rutherford and her address will no longer be there. Any correspondence to Mom should be sent care of me now...We're not sure where her permanent place of residence will be but mail will continue to go through me.
That's all for today...thanks for stopping by...xo
This was a daily blog about the trials & tribulations my precious Mom dealt with as she fought to recover from a significant medical event.
Welcome to my Blog :)
Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:
www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.
Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment