Welcome to my Blog :)

Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and most importantly your support throughout this difficult journey. Your physical presence wasn't necessarily what we needed; your love, strength and caring was.

IN MOM'S MEMORY, to those of you who sponsored me for the Investor's Group Memory Walk...I walked 5kms on 18 June 2011 in the pouring rain, and cold weather. We were soaked and covered in mud. I raised $1176 to help THEM find a cure BEFORE WE REACH OUR GOLDEN YEARS. To find out if we were fortunate enough to reach our goal this year, go to:

www.alzheimer.ab.ca to check out the numbers.

Congratulations to all who participated in support of those who can no longer do so themselves. This disease could affect all of us at one point of our lives or another. The next time someone approaches you, wondering if you'll sponsor them, consider saying yes because it could be YOU or someone you love facing this devastating disease. Don't wait until it's too late.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Total 360

I think I must have nailed it!!!  The odds that Mom wasn't feeling well both yesterday and the day before (and quite possibly on Saturday) are pretty good.  I went to see her today and she was excellent!  She was sitting up, looking around, smiling and chattering away.  When she saw me, she smiled and said, "Oh my, how are you?"  It was like she was a whole different person.

I did receive a phone call from the nurse this morning and her THS (thyroid) level is at 3!!!  She's totally back to normal!!!  In fact everything is normal right now...EVERYTHING!!!  They did every kind of test you could imagine and she's totally normal.  So, now we wait.  It's been two months and she's finally physically back to normal...I guess I have to keep reminding myself that it could take another two months to find out if she's going to be back at that baseline.  Perhaps I could allow myself a tiny bit of optimism...although, I do have a difficult time doing that because I don't want to be disappointed.  However, it is nice to see her the way she was today!

Anyway, there's not much else to tell.  I am just happy to tell you how well she was doing today and that all tests have come back normal now.

Thanks for stopping by...xo

1 comment:

  1. Ya...so glad she is doing better today. A migraine! DUH....why didn't I think of that. She always had them with weather changes.

    ReplyDelete